Top Social

.

Les Misérables.

Sunday 13 January 2013

Last night, I went to see Les Misérables with most of the cast of West Side Story. I've never really looked into it before, so I didn't know the plot, just that it was set in Revolutionary France. I didn't have any expectations for it, as I had never seen the stage version and had nothing to compare it to, but even if I could of had expectations, they all would have been surpassed. Saying this film was amazing is an understatement, a diservice almost.



I love musicals, but this wasn't just a musical like Grease or Annie, this was a piece of art. Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway in Act One were just breathtaking, not only did they sing, and sing beautifully, they acted while doing it, putting all of their raw emotion into the film. It was quite moving really. I'm not going to get into the story too much just in case anyone reading this hasn't seen it yet, and if you haven't, you must, you really must.


The picture above has the lyrics of one of my favourite songs from the score, although, truth be told I loved every single one of them. I don't think I've ever been so moved watching a film, not even watching Forrest Gump. So many moments in the film broke my heart and a tip when going to see this would be to not wear much or any eye make up, it will be halfway down your face at the end I guarantee it. The end scene was just beautiful and that's all I have to say really, it was the first film I've seen in 2013 but I'm sure it'll be one of the best by far.




6 comments on "Les Misérables."
  1. i really wan tot watch this film! Might be going to the cinema to see it with the family this weekend! Really cut blog x CHeck mine out? xx
    http://talklilitalk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I really want to see this!!

    Please come and check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it's incredible!

      I love your blog it's adorable, followed instantly :)

      x

      Delete
  3. I really want to see this movie! Hey I just started a blog, and I'd love it if you checked it out! xx :)

    littleredbowtie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking forward to seeing this. Hopefully, it doesn't disappoint. x

    thewalcott.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see this film so bad x

    ReplyDelete